Sunday, May 04, 2008

21 weeks

Home safe and sound, and almost recovered from our trip! Garrett had a great time with the Criders (I hope to have pictures to share from his side of the trip soon!), and has been great since we got home. He is finally getting his lateral incisors in, and has been a little cranky due to that, but otherwise an angel. Brad and I have been taking turns getting sick since we got home. Combined with both of us trying to catch up with work, getting Garrett's new room ready, and generally just getting back into the swing of things, the rest of the week has simply flown by. On Friday we reached 21 weeks with this pregnancy, which is just amazing to me. Goodbye half way point, hello last 19+- (!!) weeks of having only one child. Now comes the fun part of the pregnancy, when I can actually feel the little bugger wiggle around.

The only other reflections I can make about our trip are these. 1. I don't plan on vacationing childless again any time soon, because I really missed Garrett this time around. 2. Our dogs missed me far more than my son did, especially Aspen. He gets so lonely so easily, and really has been a love (even for him) since we got home.
It seriously took me 3 hours to post all of this, and its 1:30am--I need to get to bed so I can pay attention at church tomorrow!! Enjoy reading the account of our trip, and don't forget to start with DAY 1!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

It looks like you two had a fabulous time! You are looking so good Angela...and your right no more blonde hair! I completely understand the being apart from your child. Jon and I went to our first movie date today since we had Ava and after two hours I was missing her like crazy! What wonderful mothers our children have!

-Bridget said...

Glad you had a great time. You took some amazing nature photos!