Monday, February 09, 2009

5K

Brad and I ran in our first 5K this past Saturday here in Homestead, benefiting South Dade Weed and Seed and Project SOS (2 efforts to revitalize the area, help with at risk youth, etc. etc). We had a blast!! Brad finished somewhere close to 27 minutes, and my time was just under 40. I've been feeling under the weather and boot camp involved a ton of running the day before, so I was pretty happy with it. We had our midpoint boot camp weigh in, I've lost 8lbs since the 2nd week in January. But seriously, I think I'm in the best shape I've ever been in. :-) I'm looking forward to increasing my distances running, I'm really starting to enjoy it. Not bad, considering little princess is not yet 5 months old.

Boot camp girls. Whoorah!

Tomorrow Brad and I are going on a date--Rock climbing. Should be fun :-)
Week in review post to come with updates on what the kiddos have been up to this week.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Awesome! That is great. You should be so proud. Isn't racing so much fun?!

Leanne said...

Wow Angela!!! You look great! Keep up the awesome work:) Have fun rock climbing.

Steph said...

Way to go Angie!!! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

You are doing awesome! I am so proud and jealous at the same time! ;-) Now I have to get my butt back in gear!!
alli

April said...

You look great Angela! Congrats on finishing the 5k!!! :)

Smarty Pants Mama said...

Wow Angela!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!! You look great!!! Keep it up!!!
Caroline