Sunday, February 18, 2007

One small step . . .

That was really a big leap!

No, Grandmas, don't get too excited. The little Man isn't walking yet. I am the one that made the big step. On Friday, I became my own boss (part time, anyway!) and started my own home-based business, selling Discovery Toys. I start my training tomorrow, and dive in head first this weekend at a Teachers Convention in Fort Lauderdale. After that, I am pretty much on my own, although my recruiter/"manager" is just a phone call away. In two days, I managed to do a website, cards, stickies for my catalogs, and a whole lot more. My toy kit (the only investment) should be coming next week, and I can't WAIT for that because there are so many toys I know Garrett will like (and um, yeah, I think I might play with some too!). So check out the website--I was quiet proud of the tables I made for the header at the top--no small feat considering I haven't done HTML in forever! http://www.garrettstoys.com And I bet you can't guess who I named the website after :-D

Never fear, I am still a UM employee. I actually am enjoying my "real" job and really don't know what I would do without it! But who knows what the future will hold . . . I am going to be holding my "Grand Opening" March 9th and 10th, so mark your calenders local folks! :-D (If for no other reason than I probably haven't seen all of you for a while and this would be the perfect time!).

Its cold here, time to go curl up under the covers!

No comments: