Thursday, February 15, 2007

Getting into trouble

I finally rearranged our home-office to make it a little more baby friendly. While Garrett can still pull books off the shelf, there aren't as many. I have strategically placed boxes to keep him out of the areas where there is the most stuff to get into (and of course these are the most interesting!), and once again went through all our crap to get rid of the stuff we don't need. NOW maybe I can be in here for more than 10 minutes and actually get some work done.

Garrett has started literally getting into EVERYTHING. Not the drawers and cabinets, but that is coming soon. He crawled into the bathroom and tried to unroll the toilet paper. So I leave it off the dispenser now! He likes to pull up on the bookshelves then pull out all the books. And forget having a magazine or other paper product on any surface he can reach. He has learned if something is hanging over the breakfast nook table just the tiniest bit, he can reach up and pull it off. My counter is currently covered with stuff I haven't found a place for that can no longer be left in their usual place. If nothing else, it will force me to finally organize all our stuff. . . Oh, and the toilet lid is apparently the greatest drum in the world.

I never thought I could love an inanimate object, but I am seriously IN LOVE with my Dyson vacuum. I actually like to vacuum now. Good thing, because I have two dogs that love to destuff toys and a baby who likes to eat everything on the floor. I have to vacuum the whole house at least once a week, but it really gets done more. Yay for the Dyson vacuum!

No comments: