Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Lizard In the Tub

During bath time this evening, I was shocked to see our resident bathroom lizard (you have to live in Florida to understand . . .) floating in the tub. I thought he was dead. I scooped him up with the mat, and was happy to see he was not dead, just stunned from floating in the tub.

Garrett checked him out, said he was a cool baby lizard, and went back to his bath. The lizard stayed on the mat, and basically just watched our bath time chaos commence. Garrett and I sang Row, Row, Row Your Boat and "A pirate says ARRR" from the Backyardigans. I got the kids out, and Garrett talked allllll about the poster Randon colored and gave to him--you know, one of those fuzzy ones. It has a dragon climbing on a castle.

Garrett: Why is the Dragon eating the castle?
Me: I don't know, he needs more fiber?
Garrett: Ohh . . . okay. Does he get hit by a train? (Scene from cars)
Me: I don't know, maybe he would eat the train.
Garrett: Okay.
Me: What do you think the lizard in the bathroom eats?
Garrett: Trains!
Me: Uh oh, do you think he might eat your trains???
Garrett: (Gets a very concerned look . . . ) I'll hit him with a baseball bat if he does!
Me: We don't want to kill the lizard, we like lizards, and if you hit him with the bat you will kill him!
Garrett: We DO like the lizards. But we don't like dragons!

Here's the funny part--Garrett then RUNS in to the bathroom, where the lizard is still sitting on the mat, squats down and says "Hey Lizard, do you like dragons?" He then comes running out of the bathroom: "I asked-ed the lizard, and he says he doesn't like dragons mom!"

NEVER a dull moment. The poor lizard is probably scared for life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too cute