Thursday, January 08, 2009

I may just stay sane

I've had a hard time, in the almost four months since Summer has been born, doing two very important things: 1. Getting Garrett to nap reliably and 2. Finding time to get a workout in for myself. The answer has arrived in the form of the double jogger I very badly wanted for Christmas.

Once we had our Christmas money, I still had to convince Brad that I would use it and that it would not just sit around the house. The thing has been used every day since I bought it.

Summer loves the thing, and will either nap or just watch the world go by. Garrett will get antsy when he realizes he's falling asleep, but it doesn't take long at all for him to conk if he's tired. So around nap time, if its clear he really needs one and that it isn't happening at home, the kids get strapped in, I get the Zune and my angry music mix, and we go for a jog. Often after that jog (which is not so long--I'm still working on it!), we'll go for a nice long walk so I can decompress and burn lots and lots of calories. I REALLY love this jogger, it is probably going to keep me out of the loony bin (and in to some skinny jeans!)

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Awesome!!! Now I can bring Ava and we can walk around the neighborhood!

Steph said...

That's great! Merry Christmas! Looks like fun, wish it were warmer here so we could get outside too.

Abyss said...

Do I see 5K's in your future? I am glad you found something to keep your mind at peace.

Happy New Years!

- Sidney

Smarty Pants Mama said...

That's great!!!! So happy to hear that you are sticking to your execising!!! I need to get back in gear!