Saturday, January 03, 2009

The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree . . .

I have very clear memories of huddling under my blanket in our apartment in Galion when I was in first or second grade, reading with a flashlight. I was SUPPOSED to be sleeping, but I wanted to read instead. Apparently Garrett inherited that--the other night I caught him sitting on the floor by his nightlight, nearly an hour after he was supposed to go to bed, with a stack of books next to him. I scolded him and turned off his light, told him to go back to bed. "But I'm just reading!" He says. I'm very happy he has inherited my love of reading, but not so happy that at 2.5 years, he's already reading when he SHOULD be sleeping. I won't be allowing him to have a flashlight in his room! :-)

2 comments:

Leanne said...

oh boy...the joys that await me!

Anonymous said...

Well, you are right on the money. I did the same thing when I was young also but I not only did it so I would not get caught but I didn't want your Aunt Anne to get mad at me for reading. I will be sending Garrett a flashlight very soon. LOL