Thursday, July 24, 2008

Night training??!!

Soooo, Garrett's sleep routine has been pretty crappy for the past 6-8 weeks or so, but is SLOWLY improving. We can leave his room once we put him to bed, but he has to be able to see us in our room or he won't fall to sleep. He's still waking up 2-3 times a night, but I can walk him back to bed and he will go right back to sleep when I tuck him in. This is an improvement because I have been spending a LOT of time laying on his floor while he goes to sleep. That wasn't fun at all, especially not when you are as pregnant as I am. At any rate, he has been peeing whenever he wakes up for a while now. The past 4 nights, he has been dry when he gets up in the morning. Since we only have one diaper left, we decided to give undies a try last night . . . and he managed to stay dry. He was up twice, but went to the potty both times. If he's going to be up anyway, I'd rather just keep him in undies. He was so proud of himself for all of it too. We'll see how the next few nights go, but its looking like he might just be night trained. I wasn't expecting this any time soon, that's for sure!

I don't know what's up with the night time wakings . . . if its just a part of this seperation anxiety he seems to be having (which may or may not be related to the fact that he seems to know CHANGE is in the air due to impending baby), a part of his "scary" phase, or if he just worries about peeing at night, diaper or not. But we'll see. I will say it has been several weeks since he has gone with no nap, which is a major improvement in the sleep department as well, so I have hope his night time habits will get better.

At any rate, I am just in utter shock that I have a little boy who is not yet 26 months old, but is potty trained, day and night. Cool!

1 comment:

Abyss said...

AWESOME!!!!
Thea quit napping at this age, maybe Garrett is ready to stop the nap too. It took awhile for her to adjust, but it was for the best. In the long run.
Yeah for potty trained kids!