Thursday, August 24, 2006

Yay for swings!


I don't have the foggiest idea how I would survive life with a little one without a swing. That is pretty much the only way I can get Garrett to sleep at home (other than at night, when he sleeps like a champ). Anyhoo, I have been harassing Brad for weeks to get a mini-version of our Aquarium swing that folds up and could go to work with Garrett and I (the only hard part about taking him to work is getting him to sleep--he used to snooze in his sling, but now he is outgrowing the cradle hold and has to be moving CONSTANTLY to stay asleep!) . . . Brad finally caved on Wednesday, as it has been a crazy week and I was completely sleep deptrived! Garrett tried it out this morning at work, and loved it! He was quiet content to be wrapped up and swinging, and was asleep in no time. Thank you, Fisher Price take along swing! (Oh, and Brad too :-D)

So here is a picture of Garrett enjoying his big swing at home--it is his favorite (and only) place to nap, other than in my arms! Notice those cute lil foots sticking out. Brad calls him the next great magician--I wrap him up nice and tight, and he ends up with limbs out all over the place. I maintain it is his wiggly nature, and not my less than perfect swaddling skills!

In other news, we are off to New Mexico in the morning . . . we are off to see M&M (no, not those yummy coated candies, but rather Mark and Macie, who are getting married!) And I do mean morning--we have to be gone by 3am! Yikes. Hopefully Garrett will travel as well this time as he did the first time. Poor Aspen and Haylee are being left behind, in the very capable hands of a good friend. They maintain it is descrimination for the airlines to deny them a seat because they have four legs instead of two! Poor poochies!

No comments: