Saturday, August 28, 2010

Facelift!

I finally found the time to give the blog a much needed face lift. The last time I changed the header was . . . okay, I have no idea when. I have really neglected the blog in the past six months or so. I chalk this up to a couple of things: Summer became a toddler (versus an gooey little infant who does nothing); Garrett reached the point where he needed a lot more stimulation than I could give him, AND get work done AND maintain a blog; and I just do. NOT. Have. FREE. TIME!!!

So, I have to acknowledge that the only reason I have time to do this now is that work has been completely dead for the past week (as in, my boss has dropped off the face of the planet), and Garrett had his first week of school so that I had 3 hours a day where I didn't have to occupy my very high octane four year old.

In addition to being totally derelict in blogging in GENERAL, I have failed to really reflect the changes that our family has gone through since Summer's birth almost 2 years ago. The biggest change is yours truly. I finally got my weight and fitness in hand, and also became surprisingly money conscious. Two things that have never come naturally to me in the past. I'm hoping to reflect that more in the months to come. I've learned a lot about budgeting, healthy eating, fitness, and fun things in the kitchen in the past few years, and I'm hoping to share more of that here. Of course, pictures and fun tales of the kids will continue. And I REALLY hope to get back to blogging about the random things the kids do on a daily basis--I was so much better about that with Garrett than with Summer, and I feel to an extent that certain aspects of her first two years won't be remembered as clearly because of it. Another downside of being stretched too thin for entirely too long.

No comments: