Thursday, June 23, 2011

First Flight

Sorry updates have been few and far between. All I can say is that we've REALLY been enjoying our summer. I haven't even managed to do the "I can't believe he's 5" post I had planned in my head. I really can NOT believe he is 5, but as a function of trying to be in the moment with the kids, there really hasn't been that much time to dwell on it, and certainly no time at all to blog about it.

A few weeks ago, we had a REALLY awesome opportunity thanks to our neighbors, Julie and John. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times--we are BEYOND blessed when it comes to our extended family down here. John is a commercial pilot and we were surprised by a call from Julie a few Sundays ago -- John was at the airport getting checked out in a Cessna 172 and did we maybe want to come out to the airfield for a flight. We regularly go to the airport for picnic lunches just because all three of my favorite people are absolute airplane nuts. So I knew everyone was going to be beyond ecstatic! Brad loves flying, but hasn't been able to in just about forever.

All the kids enjoying the airfield:

Summer being a nut:

Luke, the cutest baby ever:

Garrett and Brady enjoying the Stomp Rocket X and Logan brought:

Summer getting smooches from Ms. Jess:


Getting ready to fly with Mr. John:




Seriously the cutest pilot ever (John let him fly the airplane most of the time we were in the air):

View of the airport from the plane:

Garrett loved the whole thing. Brad OF COURSE was in heaven. As for me, this was my first time in a small plane too, and I am SUCH a lightweight. It made me sick. I freaking always get sick. I've always loved being on the water and even THAT makes me sick. Even considering the nausea, we can't say thank you enough to Julie and John for such an awesome opportunity.

1 comment:

MonkeyTailes said...

OMG!! You guys look like you had a great time! happy birthday Garrett! I can't believe he's five either!! Glad you had a great time!