Monday, November 05, 2007

I honostly have no idea . . .

where the little tiny baby I gave birth to has gone. I have instead a talkative, social toddler who has no fear and is willing to try anything. Today was a busy day--we had My Gym, then lunch with daddy, then we played at Pinecrest Gardens and another park until Brad got off work. He and Garrett played for a couple of hours while I went to work, then we all went home together. Garrett loved being so busy all day. He WALKED all over pinecrest Gardens, enjoyed every minute of it. We talked about what we saw (ishie, ishie, ishie!!--lots of fishies in the water). He is listening so well these days, investigating everything, but still willingly coming when I call. It's just so amazing to me. We played in the slash park for a while, then went to the playground. Where Garrett proceeded to scare the bejesus out of me by going down a big-boy slide all by himself. He always climbs on the equipment, with me right behind him. Today he promptly plopped down and went down the slide, as I was scurrying to get behind him so we could go down together. He, of course, was fine, and did it several more times while I watched from below . . . he is so independent and adventurous, yet cautious at the same time. He knows his limits--what is too high for him to get off of without help, etc--but isn't afraid to push the envelope. I know we are going to have lots of bumps and bruises in our future.

He gives high fives to people he meets now, and shakes hands. He says "Hi" to pretty much everyone and waves when they leave. He has a new word, "puppy," and yesterday informed me that the ribs we were sharing were his . . ."Mama, MINE!" His first time putting two very clear words together! It is just so amazing to me that a year ago, he was just a tiny little immobile baby who was just learning to sit up without help!! His outlook on life is amazing, everything is approached with a smile and a giggle. He hardly ever fusses when he falls, just gets up and keeps going.

I have pics from today, but it's late and I need to get to bed. Just had to share the busy day and how BIG my little boy is getting!

No comments: